Books Featured in the Podcasts, and buy links to Amazon. Find fresh perspective through reading, and support working writers:
- Sycamore Poems, Kathy Fagan, Milkweek Editions
- The Story Cure, Dinty W. Moore, Ten Speed Press.
- Good Bones, Maggie Smith, Tupelo Press.
- Hard to Swallow, Night Ballet Press, Pat Snyder Hurley (To be published in 2018).
- How to Survive a Summer, Nick White, Novel, Penguin Random House, Episode 015
- My Father’s Closet, Karen MacClintock, Memoir, Trillium, Episode 009
- The Incantations of Daniel Johnston, graphic novel, Ricardo Cavolo & Scott McLanahan, Episode 006
- Don’t Come Back, memoir, Lina Maria Ferreira Cabeza-Vanegas, Episode 007
- Diary of the One Swelling Sea, poetry, Jill McCabe Johnson, Episode 007
- Wakpa Wanagi: Ghost River, poetry, Trevino Brings Plenty
- If Only the Names Were Changed, memoir, Andrew Miller
Word Carver show host Cynthia Rosi’s The Light Catcher is an Official Selection winner in psychological suspense novels for the New Apple Book Awards.
“I took Puss-in-Boots as a role model and emigrated by myself from Seattle to London, England after graduating from the University of Puget Sound. There I wrote two books, Motherhunt (Headline UK) and Butterfly Eyes (Headline UK). I came back to the US in 2003 and won the Ohio Writer’s Contest in 2007 for Salmon. My journalism, creative non-fiction, and short stories have been published in anthologies, online, and in print magazines. I hold an MFA in Creative Writing from Antioch University, Los Angeles, and teach writing at Capital University and Columbus State.”