Books Featured in the Podcasts, and buy links to Amazon. Find fresh perspective through reading, and support working writers:
- Shredded, Charles O’Donnell
- The Husband, Aaron Daniel Behr
- A Green Line Between Green Fields, Steve Abbott
- They Can’t Kill Us Until They Kill Us, Hanif Abdurraqib
- Sycamore Poems, Kathy Fagan, Milkweek Editions
- The Story Cure, Dinty W. Moore, Ten Speed Press.
- Good Bones, Maggie Smith, Tupelo Press.
- Hard to Swallow, Night Ballet Press, Pat Snyder Hurley.
- How to Survive a Summer, Nick White, Novel, Penguin Random House, Episode 015
- My Father’s Closet, Karen MacClintock, Memoir, Trillium, Episode 009
- The Incantations of Daniel Johnston, graphic novel, Ricardo Cavolo & Scott McLanahan, Episode 006
- Don’t Come Back, memoir, Lina Maria Ferreira Cabeza-Vanegas, Episode 007
- Diary of the One Swelling Sea, poetry, Jill McCabe Johnson, Episode 007
- Wakpa Wanagi: Ghost River, poetry, Trevino Brings Plenty
- If Only the Names Were Changed, memoir, Andrew Miller
Word Carver show host Cynthia Rosi’s The Light Catcher is an Official Selection winner in psychological suspense novels for the New Apple Book Awards.
Writer for life. At the age of twenty I emigrated from Seattle to London, England, because I thought that was where all the writers lived. I knew one person: a young man I’d met at a bus stop. My American family was too poor to make transatlantic calls, and I had only £800 in my pocket, but I had moxie and hustle. In London I worked as a reporter (a job my first editor said was as easy as “putting your hand in a meat grinder”) and later segued into public relations. I wrote two books, Motherhunt (Headline UK) and Butterfly Eyes (Headline UK). After 16 years in England, I returned to the US with my bus-stop lover and won the Ohio Writer’s Contest short story prize for “Salmon.”
My journalism, creative non-fiction, and short stories have been published in anthologies, online, and in print magazines. In 2014 I earned an MFA in Creative Writing from Antioch University, Los Angeles. In 2015 my third novel The LightCatcher won an Official Selection in the New Apple Book Awards.