Writers with manuscripts in development need a book doctor to help move the manuscript forward. Contact me at cynthia (at) cynthiarosi.com with details of your project for pricing information. I also work as a freelance writer and editor for magazines and companies. At Capital University in Bexley, and at Columbus State Community College, I’m an Adjunct Instructor in English Composition. My published work includes:
- “Are Thoughts Things?” Talking Writing (2016)
- The Home Remedy Manual, Home Remedy LLC (2013)
- “Vintage Ohio Wine Festival,” Midwest Wine Press, (8/12)
- “An Artist, a Chinese Junk and Old Union Station,” Short North Gazette, (8/12)
- “Wine, Wine, Everywhere a Wine,” City Scene Magazine, (8/12)
- “One Grower, Huge Impact: The Wisconsin AVA,” The Grapevine (7/12)
- “Second Life: Barrels Get a Face-lift,” The Grapevine, (5/12)
- “Dads Across the World Fight Laws,” Latitude News, (5/12)
- Vox Pop, audio recording, Latitude News, (5/12)
- “Vino Where You Live,” Midwest Wine Press (5/12)
- Winery and Events profiles, Midwest Wine Press (4/12)
- “In Pursuit of Beads,” Short North Gazette (4/12)
- “Wrangling Volunteers,” Vineyard and Winery Management (6/12)
- “A Slice of American Dream,” Short North Gazette (3/12).
- “Groove U,” Short North Gazette (2/12)
- “Black Rot and Sour Rot in Grape Berries,” The Grapevine Magazine (3/12).
- Spa Boom – a series of articles on spa services, skin care, diet and exercise.
- The Renegade Writer – an article for this 10,000-subscriber Freelance Writer’s blog (now anthologized in a book).
- Facebook consultation for Fortner Fine Living, 4/12
- Social Media Consultation Services, Iannarino-Dexter Creative (IDC).
- Web site, Attorney Bio section, research and writing, Scott Schiff & Associates (1/12).
- “Short Linebacker Rules the Roost,” Sugar Mule (8/12)
- “Smoke in My Hands,” Anthology: Columbus Creative Co-operative (4/12)
2011 Senior Staff Writer for The Grapevine Magazine.
- “Tuscan,” “Oak & Ivy,” Greenwoman Magazine (12/11)
- “Basement Party to High Street Gallery,” Short North Gazette, (11/11)
- “Near Miss,” About Town, anthology, Columbus Creative Co-operative (12/11)
- Created all publicity materials, including Constant Contact email marketing, press releases, magazine articles, and regular public speaking engagements for Healing in America, Ohio.
2007-2009 Editor, The Conscious Voices Program, a weekly one-hour magazine-style show for WCRS-FM, Columbus. Originated stories, researched, wrote, and prepared for broadcast all one-hour, weekly shows.
- “Salmon,” First Place in short story, Ohio Writer’s Contest
2006-2007 Dreamweaver magazine; Elyria magazine. Senior Reporter for Bexley Public Radio (WCRX-LP)
1990-1993 Manager of Public Relations for Allied Pickfords, London, UK. I ran this international PR office handling all press and publicity, plus the publication of a monthly newsletter to a staff of 2700 people. I left to run my own corporate communications business which included the Allied Pickfords company newsletter, the Exel company newsletter, and writing for Business Mover and Moving Home magazines.
- MFA Creative Writing, Antioch University Los Angeles, 2014.
- BA English, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma Washington
Memberships: Society of Authors (UK), Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP)